9/04/2011


"these are the days when birds come back, a very few, a bird or two, to take a backward look.these are the days when skies put on the old, old sophistries of June, -- a blue and gold mistake." 
 -emily dickinson

Oh goodness has it been hot here! I think september is all sorts of mixed up. Today has been shade and water with dreams of pumpkin pie. Favorite Bob Dylan song: Girl From the North Country. Hands down. I love listening to this song, closing my eyes and imagining that girl from the north country with fall and winter coming on, her long hair and warm coat. Makes me happy. One of the many reasons I don't cut my hair is because of the windy, mysterious, and longing image I have of the girl from the north country. This is indeed a longing song. I think that's one of my favorite emotions: longing.I'll be listening to it often during the hot weather to whisk me away to cooler seasons.

No comments: